|Photo by Lola Audu|
Scripture: 2 Timothy 2:11-13
It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us; If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.
Insights: Monday, we looked at the values that drove Paul. Yesterday, we looked at his mission which pointed to his activity. Today, we look at Paul's vision for his future. Now to help you understand how these three elements all fit together we need to understand the process. Our values drive our vision. In other words, who we are will determine where we end up. In between who we are and where we will end up we will have activity. This activity is our mission. Just to say it a slightly different way our mission is what we do. From our versus today we see Paul clearly defining where he is going to end up. He is going to end as one alive with Christ. He is also going to reign with Christ. He will be in a relationship with One who always remains faithful. And he will be found faithful to the Lord Jesus at his death. At FBC Bowling Green we also have a vision which is comprised in for short statements with three clarifying comments following each major statement. For the purpose of this blog, I will only provide the four broader statements. They are, at FBC Bowling Green . . .
- We see a church who is Christ centered as it teaches traditional biblical values to its families through the the preaching of the Word.
- We see a church who shares the gospel with its city, state, nation and world.
- We see a church who is heavily encouraged through worship and the fellowship of the body of Christ.
- We see a church who communicates with God through prayer as it seeks to discern and obey the will of God.
Beloved, vision is about where we will be, not where we are presently. If we live life out of our core values, we will eventually reach our destination. Our mission is the vehicle with which we will use to reach our destination. It is my prayer you will help FBC Bowling Green to reach its vision.
1. Where do you see yourself in 5, 2=10, 15, or 20 years down the road?
2. Does this projection line up with God’s Word and does it require His involvement in order for it to come to pass?
Prayer: Father, I want to live a life of significance for You. May You provide me the vision of where my life ought to be and what is required to reach the destination You have set before me. Amen.
If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter. I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog. As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section. Thank you.