Friday, January 16, 2015

We have a Love Relationship with Jesus

Scripture: 1 Peter 1:8-9
and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

Insights: These verses are some of my favorite verses because of the beautiful way it portrays my faith.  I have not “seen” Jesus, but I do love and believe in Him.  As a result of this faith filled love relationship I am able to rejoice with joy inexpressible the glory of God.  Our relationship with the Lord is just like our earthly relationships.  When I make that statement I have a very specific meaning in my thoughts.  In other words, just as an earthly relationship with someone is dependent upon time spent with them, so our relationship with the Father is dependent upon the time we spend with Him.  If I do not spend any, or very little, time with the Lord, then the relationship will not be as strong and healthy.  If on the other hand I do spend a great deal of time with the Lord, then I will be able to recognize His expressions of love more easily.  We are back to the adage, “You are as close to the Lord right now as you want to be.”  He is always there, ready and willing to expand the relationship into deeper waters and more extravagant expressions of His love.  We, on the other hand, are often times reluctant to seek the deep things of faith because we believe the cost will be too great.  Let me tell you, there is a cost, but whatever that cost is, it is worth it!  Beloved, let me encourage you to be willing to sacrifice whatever is necessary in order to have a vibrant love relationship with the Lord.  You will never regret one moment of that kind of relationship with our heavenly Father.  Grow in grace and may you experience the Lord’s love this day!

Questions:
1.  In what ways are you receiving God’s expressions of love to you?
2.  In what ways are you returning expressions of love back to God?


Prayer: Father, it is so difficult at times to express my love to You and for that I am sorry.  You, on the other hand, perfectly express Your love to me.  I, however, do not always receive it well.  I pray You remain patient with me as we grow in our love relationship together.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment