Thursday, January 15, 2015

We are Purified through Trials

Scripture: 1 Peter 1:6-7
In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the aproof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Insights: Did you catch how Peter ties rejoicing in God’s protective power to bring us into eternity with Him and the various trials we go through here on earth?  If I may be a little transparent with you for a moment, it is difficult for me to rejoice when I am the one going through a trial.  Now it is true that eventually I am able to look back and rejoice in the situation, but while I am in it, I only have moments of grace in which I truly rejoice in the Lord.  Even though those statements are true, I do understand that most of my spiritual growth has truly come from learning how to be dependent on the Lord in the midst of my trials.  I am getting better and better at worshipping the Lord even for my difficult situations and trials of life.  The reason I am getting better is because each of the trials I have gone through has been a tool in which the Lord has purged more and more of me out of my life and replaced it with more and more of His Son, Jesus.  Beloved, we must grow in the grace of the Lord and rejoice in our trials.  We must become worshippers in the difficult times as well as the good times because God has saved us through both.  May God be brought praise, glory and honor through your times of difficulty.  Glory to God in the highest!

Questions:
1.  Are you presently going through a trial?
2.  What is God teaching you in this trial or your most recent one?


Prayer: Father, it is difficult for me to thank You for the trials I go through, but upon reflection I see how those truly forge me into the man I am.  I intellectually understand trials are one of the tools You use to bring me through the sanctification process and upon reflection I can give thanks.  Grow me to receive trials with a thankful heart while I am in the midst of them.  Transform me into the likeness of Jesus who was a perfect worshipper of You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment