Friday, November 28, 2014

The Reunion of the Church

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.  Therefore comfort one another with these word.

Insights: The word “meet” in these verses carries the idea of meeting a person of royalty.  It is not by accident that Paul used this particular word.  When Jesus came the first time He came as a lamb led to slaughter.  He was the sacrifice required by God to pay for my sin and yours.  When He comes again, however, He comes as the Lion of Judah, the King of kings and the Lord of lords.  He will reign forever and His kingdom shall have no end.  He will appear in all His glory and He will radiate with His majesty.  He is the most royal of royalty and none can compare next to Him.  The beautiful thing is that all of us who have faith, been born again, will be reunited together with each other and with Christ Jesus, this glorious King I have just mentioned.  We will see Jesus in all His glory and it will last forever.  That day will be a glorious day indeed.  If you have never received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you will not be one reunited with Him and the church.  If you have, however, then praise the Lord, you are going home one day.  I pray you are just as excited about this family reunion as I am.  I can hardly wait to see all of my family.

Questions:
1.  Are you looking forward to your heavenly reunion?
2.  Are you prepared for this wonderful day because you know that Jesus lives inside of you as Lord and Savior?


Prayer: Father, I can almost not contain myself with the desire for eternity.  I want to go home so terribly that at times it hurts, but as long as You tarry and as long as I have breath, let me serve You faithfully so that Your name may be brought glory and praise.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment