Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Salvation is Easy


Scripture: Deuteronomy 30:11-14

"For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. "It is not in heaven, that you should say, 'Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?' "Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?' "But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

 

Insights: I did not write my blog yesterday and have wrestled with writing for this week.  When one is at his weakest, Satan often attacks.  This scenario is what occurred Sunday in my life.  I preached the sermon the Lord prepared for me to preach, but I am still, as I reflect on the message, am not certain how much of the message was Scott and how much of the message was from the Holy Spirit.  After further contemplation, I feel compelled to write my daily Thoughts by Scott this week and try to smooth out some of the emotional wrinkles of this past Sunday.  These opening words are appropriate to start with for today’s thoughts because the content is fairly straight forward and easy to comprehend.  These verses from today’s reading express the simplicity of salvation.  In other words, we do not have to earn our own salvation.  If salvation was determined by our performance, then we would brag and boast in our accomplishment.  Rather, our salvation is near us in our mouths and in our hearts.  Paul wrote, “But what does it say? ‘THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART’ -- that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation (Romans 10:8-10).”  You are not capable of saving yourself.  It is a gift from God, which makes salvation an easy thing.  All that is required is to humbly surrender all of who you are to Him and trust Him only for your salvation.  My prayer is you will do that today if you have never entered into a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ.  Call on Him today and be saved. 

 

Questions:

  1. Have you come to the place in your spiritual life where you recognize salvation is not based on your ability, but that of God’s ability?
  2. Are you still trying to save yourself?

Prayer: Father, thank You salvation is as simple as asking Jesus into my heart and surrendering to Him as my Lord and Savior.  Help me grow in grace with You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment