Friday, March 7, 2014

If You Bless the Lord, He will Bless You

Scripture: Leviticus 26:9-13
'So I will turn toward you and make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will confirm My covenant with you. 'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new. 'Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. 'I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people. 'I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt so that you would not be their slaves, and I broke the bars of your yoke and made you walk erect.

Insights: We close this week with the benefit we receive if we are a blessing to the Lord.  We are the ones who are truly blessed.  Look at the verses for today’s reading again.  The Lord is promising a relationship with us.  He has taken on the responsibility of providing for us, His children.  Let me caution you about blessings from the Lord.  I believe this is truly an American phenomenon, but because of so many of our TV preachers, we in America often times associate God’s blessing with money.  It is true the Lord will bless us monetarily from time to time.  Often it is in regards to our basic needs.  It is not, however, a promise from the Lord to make us all healthy, wealthy and wise as our name it and claim it preachers espouse.  The blessings the Lord Jesus promised to us are many, but the three predominant were: 1. His peace. 2. His Joy. 3. His presence.  In other words, He would never leave us nor forsake us.  Beloved, I promise you the peace, joy, and presence of the Lord Jesus are far greater than any financial blessing you could ever obtain.  Let me also speak briefly as to our attitude in regards to God’s blessings.  We ought not to take His gifts of grace for granted or with a heart of entitlement.  The Lord does not HAVE to give us anything.  As our spiritual Father, I feel pretty confident in saying, it gives Him pleasure to bestow blessings on us in the same way an earthly father is brought pleasure when he surprises his child with a gift.  We ought to express a sincere and true response of gratitude to the Father for His grace.  I cannot fully communicate the joy one receives as a result of being blessed by Jesus with His three predominant blessings, but it is truly overwhelming.  May our response bless the Lord!

Questions:
  1. In what ways has the Lord blessed you this week?
  2. Have you responded with a grateful heart or an entitlement heart?

Prayer: Father, forgive me when I take for granted Your blessings or am presumptuous as to demand or expect such blessings from You.  Let my heart rather be one of gratitude for Your hand of favor.  May my response to Your grace be appropriate in Your eyes.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment