Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Solution for the Church Today

Scripture: Exodus 33:17-18
The LORD said to Moses, "I will also do this thing of which you have spoken; for you have found favor in My sight and I have known you by name." Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"

Insights: Today and tomorrow will follow the same pattern as Monday and Tuesday’s Thoughts by Scott.  Let me lay the groundwork today and tomorrow drive the point home.  Think back with me over Moses life for just a moment.  He saw the burning bush that did not get consumed.  He watched his staff turn into a snake and then return back to a staff when he picked it up by the tail.  He watched his hand turn leprous and then be healed.  He watched the Lord perform ten plagues.  He saw the fire by night and the cloud by day.  He walked on dry ground through a sea that had parted.  He observed the same sea come crashing down on the armies of Pharaoh.  He tasted the water the Lord had made sweet.  He ate the manna from heaven.  He had walked up the mountain and spoken with God at least two prior times before this conversation.  He carried the two tablets on which the Lord had written ten of His commandments.  We could write of even more exploits Moses had experienced in his walk and journey with the Lord.  I write about all of these events to emphasis the reality that Moses had seen and observed the very glory of the Lord on many occasions.  Yet, when he was before the Lord on this occasion he felt the confidence and conviction that it would be appropriate to ask the Lord for another gift.  Moses’ request was to see the glory of God.  In other word, he wanted to see even more of God’s glory than he had previously known.  Beloved, tomorrow we will expound this thought, but I want you to know that we have already been given the glimpse of the solution for the church today.  May you, like Moses, ask for the Lord to change your desires to wish for Him and His ways.  I pray the Lord will grant this request in all of our lives.

Questions:
  1. Of what are you desirous?
  2. Do you have the same kind of confidence that Moses had in making your petitions before the Lord?

Prayer: Father, I pray I desire You more than Your blessings.  You are my all in all and I desperately need You.  Let my heart seek after You and You alone.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment