Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Solution for the Church Today is the Manifest Preseence of the Lord

Scripture: Exodus 33:19-23
And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion." But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!" Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Insights: Yesterday we learned Moses asked the Lord to allow him to see His glory.  Beloved, I believe this kind of prayer is a kind the Lord loves to answer.  He desires for us, as His children, to grow in our love relationship with Him.  As a result of this desire He moves heaven and earth for us to know Him better.  Think about it for just a moment.  He wanted a relationship with us so much that He sent Jesus to die on the cross of Calvary in order to pay our sin debt.  What an amazing display of His heart’s desire for us.  Notice in today’s verses the Lord granted Moses His request and placed him in the cleft of the rock and then passed by and revealed His glory to Moses.  God manifested His presence in order for Moses to know more completely who the Lord God is.  Beloved, I believe this aspect of our verses this week truly demonstrate the solution to the churches problem today.  We need to get our focus so much on Jesus that all of the other stuff that fights for our attention and devotion become insignificant and inconsequential in comparison to the glory of the Lord.  I am so grateful the Lord offers such a relationship to us.  My we take advantage of His love and grow in Him as we strive for intimacy with the Lord.

Questions:
  1. Have you come to the place where you understand it is all about your relationship with the Lord God and nothing else?
  2. Are you willing to fight for that kind of intimacy with the Lord when there are so many things that try to steal your affections?

Prayer: Father, grow me in Your grace and help me to solely rely on You and You alone for all of my hearts desires.  Because what my heart needs to desire is You and You alone.  May my life reflect Your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment