Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Praise Song

Scripture: Luke 2:13-14
And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."

Insights: The verses today state the angels said, “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”  I don’t believe they just “said” these words.  I believe when the multitude of the heavenly hosts began praising God it was the choir of the ages singing praises to the Lord.  The term, by the way, regarding these angels literally means army.  It would be better stated a multitude of the heavenly armies of the Lord began praising God and singing.  This choir held nothing back.  They sang unapologetically and I also believe they sang loudly!  Beloved, here is the point behind this scene of worship: they sang to God.  We as His children ought to have a song in our hearts for Him.  A lot of us walk around as if we were baptized in lemon juice and haven’t cracked a smile in decades.  I contend that if one is truly in a love relationship with the Lord Jesus, then worship is going to be the outflow of obedience.  Our faces and lives will reflect the grace and joy bestowed on us.  I would encourage you this day to spend a conscientious effort praising God.  Look for ways and opportunities to praise Him.  I promise you it will affect the way you go through the day.  Let the Lord be your central thought and let Him bless you this day.

Questions:
  1. What is the song in your heart you are singing?
  2. Does your life reflect an attitude of praise and thanksgiving to God or frustration and resentment?

Prayer: Father, You and You alone are worthy of praise.  May I never attempt to steal Your glory and Lord, when I do, quickly bring me to my knees so I might repent and have my heart restored to Your great grace.  You are worthy of praise, my King.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment