Friday, November 8, 2013

Final Thoughts for Little River Baptist Church

Scripture: Philippians 1:3-8
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,

Insights: Today is my last Thoughts by Scott as the pastor of Little River Baptist Church (I will not be writing my thoughts next week).  As Kristy and I depart from this ministry assignment and move on to our next the verse for today is appropriate for this occasion.  Along our journey Kristy and I have met many lifelong friends who have become family members to us.  This statement is just as true of Little River Baptist Church.  As I reflect back over these past seven years I can truly say, “I thank my God every time I remember you.”  We have grown together in our relationship with the Lord and have stirred on each other to be more faithful in our pursuit of God’s mission for us.  As a result I look back on my time with this dear body of believers, who are my family, with great joy and love.  Though we depart for a season (we will bring our children back for a visit once we have completed this adoption process) here on earth, we know our reunion one day will be glorious as we enter into our Lord Jesus’ presence and worship Him together again.  My prayer is you will truly embody the mission statement you developed as you sought the Lord and His will for your future.  May Little River Baptist Church truly be known as a unified family, a beacon of light, joyfully worshiping God, doing His will and building a legacy for future Christ-followers.  I pray you daily grab hold and live out this mission before a watching world and that many lost people will come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior as a result of your faithful obedience to the commands you have received from the Lord.  May the Holy Spirit fill each and every word and action in which you partake and may your testimony bring Him glory as He fills you with His grace.  Little River Baptist Church, Kristy and I love you more than words can truly express.  Thank you for the privilege and honor of having been your pastor.  We shall, by God’s grace, meet again on this side of eternity.  You are also always welcome in our new home in Florida.  May we both pursue the glory and honor of our Lord in our ministry assignments He grants to us.  May we always be found faithful.  In love, Scott.

Prayer: Father, bless Little River Baptist Church with Your grace and power.  May Your favor be on them as they press forward as partners in the gospel.  May You, as a result of their faithful obedience, be brought glory.  Thank You for this precious body of believers who I call my family and friends. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment