Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Branches Get Loved by the Vinedresser

Scripture: John 15:9-10
"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.  "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Insights:  As I type these words, I am comforted by the Father’s love.  In the very next chapter of John Jesus said to His disciples, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world (vs 33).”  On this side of eternity we are often times not loved properly.  Last night one of our deacon’s said, “We hurt the ones we love the most.”  I am so grateful God does not hurt us with His love.  Now that sentence does not mean that He does not discipline us, which is painful for a time.  This discipline, however, is a different kind of “hurt” than the deacon and I am referencing.  In other words, the Father never says hurtful things to us.  The Father never acts unbecomingly towards us.  The Father never embarrasses us.  He loves us with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).  In a world where we face many trials and sorrows it is a comfort to know God loves us in these ways.

Questions:
  1. Have you experienced the Father’s love for you today?
  2. Are you abiding in His love through obedience to His commands? 
Prayer: Father, thank You that You love me no matter what.  In this world we experience all kinds of pains and hurts, but through them all You are there loving us.  Help me to graciously show Your love to those around me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment