Friday, March 31, 2017

Because of ONE THING, I am Hopeful

Photo by Compassion Over Killing
Scripture: Psalm 27:11-14
Teach me Your way, O Lord, And lead me in a level path Because of my foes.  Do not deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries, For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence.  I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

Insights: We conclude this week with one of my favorite sections in this psalm.  In spite of all David has described in the preceding verses he has hope in his future.  Reread his words again, “I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living.”  Disparity would be a great word to describe a life which has no hope.  David tells his reading audience he did not despair.  He did have hope.  He knew God would bring about goodness in his life while he was still in the land of the living.  Beloved, for those of us in Christ Jesus, we have an even fuller understanding of what the land of the living really is.  For David, he meant he would do see good days on this side of eternity and for us there is an aspect of this reality.  For us in Christ Jesus, however, there is a bit of a nuance change.  We know the real land of the living is with the Lord God.  We, in Christ, will one day be with Him face to face.  In that day, ALL will be good.  As a result, we wait on the Lord.  We are strong in Him and our hearts are encouraged by Him.  How does all of the things we have written about this week come to pass?  It comes to pass based on the ONE THING.  This ONE THING is a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus.  Religion will not allow you to experience confidence, joy, companionship and hope.  Other peoples relationship with Jesus will not give you these things either.  You have to enter into this relationship by acknowledging you are a sinner and then to ask for Jesus to come into your life.  If you will do this, then He promises to do so and you will experience the hope of better days in the true land of the living.

Questions:
 1. Are you hopeful about your future?
 2. Do you know Jesus personally?

Prayer: Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus.  I now have a future and a hope.  I long for the day in which we will be together face to face.  I appreciate Your presence in the here and now until that day.   Amen.



If you have found this blog to be helpful, please forward it in Facebook or retweet it in Twitter.  I would also appreciate if you would tell your friends to read this blog.  As always, if you have a comment you would like to make regarding this Thoughts by Scott, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment