Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Sacrifice of Praise through Worship, Part 2

Scripture: 1 Peter 2:4-7b
And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.  For this is contained in Scripture: “Behold, I lay in Zion a choice stone, a precious corner stone, And he who believes in Him will not be disappointed.”  This precious value, then, is for you who believe;

Insights:  I mentioned that yesterday and today would be the only days in which I referred to the division of worship within the church.  Here is what I meant by that statement: all too often in church people condemn others as being too radical or outlandish in their worship to the Lord.  King David’s wife Michal accused him of making a fool of himself in his worship to the Lord.  David replied, “It was before the Lord, who chose me above your father and above all his house, to appoint me as prince over Israel, the people of the Lord—and I will celebrate before the Lord.  I will make myself yet more contemptible than this, and I will be abased in your eyes. But by the female servants of whom you have spoken, by them I shall be held in honor (2 Samuel 6:21-22 ESV).”  Or think about the New Testament when the disciples complained about the woman who anointed Jesus with the alabaster perfume.  They ridiculed her and said it was a waste to poor it on Jesus’ feet as she had done.  Yet, who defended this woman for her worship?  The answer was Jesus.  Beloved, the point that I am making is that even within the church people want to do what they can to hinder REAL worship.  As a result, if one will truly give themselves over to the Lord it does create division within the body of Christ because not all want to go where the Lord desires them to be, which is broken and dependent upon a Savior’s love for them.  Let me encourage you today to hold nothing back in your worship.  Let your worship truly be costly and sacrificial to you.  Use all of your gifts and talents to their fullest all for the glory of the Lord.  Worship Him and Him alone without concern for those around you.  When you worship, you have an audience of One, the Lord Himself!  WORSHIP HIM!!!

Questions:
1.  Do other Christians think you are too extravagant in your worship?
2.  Will their condemnation have an influence on your obedience to the Lord?

Prayer: Father, I desire to be foolish for Your great name.  Let me worship outside of my comfort zone and hold nothing back from giving You my all in all.  You alone are worthy of my praise.  I pray it is pleasing to You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment