Thursday, January 30, 2014

We Humble Ourselves in Our Pain

Scripture: Job 1:21
He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD."

Insights: Verse twenty-one reveals to us the condition or standing Job took before the Lord God.  In other words, Job humbled himself before God.  He declared that he was naked when he entered this world and he would be naked when he departed.  His security and trust was not in his neighbors, his wealth, his family or even his own health.  His security was found in the Lord God.  Because of this humble attitude he was able to say, “The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord.”  Beloved, we need to get to such a place in our walk with the Lord.  This kind of relationship can only be cultivated and developed by spending time with the Lord Jesus.  We must daily open up His Word, the Bible, and read it and ask Him to reveal His truths to us.  As He illuminates His Word, we then must obey what He shows us.  As we grow in His Word, He will allow us to go through the difficulties of life and our response to those situations will reveal the depth of our relationship with Jesus.  My prayer is that you will be like Job and receive the difficulties of life well.  It is very easy for me to type those words, but I must confess it is very hard for me to live them out at times.  I will attest to this statement, however, I am able, because of the growth in Jesus, to humble myself better today than I was yesterday.  In other words, every day I grow with Jesus makes the next day easier to live out this life of humility before our Sovereign One.  It is my prayer that every year I grow closer to Jesus and am able to positively reflect this relationship to a watching world that is in desperate need of a Savior.  May God be glorified because of our humble position before Him.

Questions:
  1. In what or whom are you placing your security?
  2. Are you willing to humble yourself before the righteous and holy God?

Prayer: Father, forgive me when I put my security in anything other than You.  Let my heart be a humble heart before You my King, Lord and Savior.  You are my all in all and I desire for my life to reflect this reality before a watching world.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment