Thursday, April 9, 2015

Do You Recognize when the Lord is Speaking into Your Life?

Scripture: John 20:12-16
and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying.  And they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”  When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus.  Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, “Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away.”  Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, “Rabboni!” (which means, Teacher).

Insights:  In the verses today we read about two separate dialogues that Mary has between angels and Jesus.  In neither case does she truly understand with whom she is speaking, nor does she comprehend what they are telling her.  It is not until the Lord Jesus says plainly to her, “Mary,” did she comprehend.  Beloved, I can not speak for you, but I will speak for myself when I say, “I identify with Mary.”  All too often in my life the Lord and His messengers are speaking words of life into me and I am too preoccupied or too dense to recognize God’s voice.  Yet, I am told in John chapter ten that the sheep know the Shepherd’s voice.  Now, when I am speaking of myself in this way, please understand, that many times I do recognize and understand what the Father is telling me, but there are far too many times in which I am mute to the voice of God.  I think, at least for me, it is because of the urgencies of the now that prevent me from hearing Him.  I also believe that many of these things I perceive as urgent, really are nothing more than Satan’s attempts to distract me from what is really important, which is intimacy with my Lord.  Beloved, let us strive this day to be still enough to recognize the voice of God.  Let us examine those urgent tasks from an eternal lens and evaluate whether they really are urgent or not.  After slowing down and determining the truth of our situations, let us ask the Lord to speak life into our lives and let us live victoriously for Him.  All to Him be glory and honor and praise!

Questions:
1.  Do you recognize when the Lord is speaking into your life?
2.  When you hear Him, how do you respond?


Prayer: Father, I am so often hard headed and slow to hear.  Lord, I do not wish this to be true of my life.  Transform me by Your grace and grant me the ability to discern when You are speaking into my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment