Monday, August 26, 2013

Instruction is Given

Scripture: Psalm 78:1-2

Listen, O my people, to my instruction; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old, 

Insights:  I think the most wonderful thing about our Father is His desire for us to know Him.  It was for this reason that He sent His Son Jesus to the earth to die on a cross and pay the sin debt we all owe.  At the death of Jesus the temple veil was torn and access to the Father was no longer limited to once a year and no longer hindered to just one person.  Everyone now has access to the throne room of God.  In relationships we desire to please the other person.  In order for us to please the Father He has given us His instructions.  The Bible, His Word to us, tells us everything we need for life and satisfaction in Him.  He has not left us to fend for ourselves and figure this journey out.  He is right there in the thick of things with us and the entire time He is spurring us on with the wisdom of His Scriptures.  The problem is we often close our ears to His Words and refuse to listen.  I think this is one of the reasons the Lord tells us to incline our ears to His Words.  Beloved, God wants you to know Him and no matter how well you presently do know Him, there is always more the infinite Lord of heaven desires to reveal to you.  Search Him out this day and seek His face.  Ask Him to make His Word’s come to life within your heart and life.  Obediently respond to Him and let His love fall fresh on you.  It will be the greatest joy, satisfaction and decision you could make this day. 

Questions:
  1. Are you able to hear the instruction of the Lord?
  2. When you do hear, how do you respond to the Lord?
Prayer: Father, open my ears that I may hear and give me the courage to act on what You have commanded.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment